If you are looking for a good excuse to enjoy a beautiful day at the beach, here are some fun learning ideas you can incorporate into your visit.
- Observe the wind and the waves.
- Talk to a fisherman or go fishing. Make sure you know your local regulations and have a license.
- Play in the sand. There are so many amazing things you can do with sand!
- Observe the clouds. Identify the types of clouds you see and talk about the shapes they look like. (Pictures in the clouds.)
- Look for sand fleas. Sand fleas can usually be found in wet sand.
- Ride the waves. Grab a surf or body board, or use your body.
- Swim or float in the water. It’s a good idea to have someone near by while you do this in case a wave comes along.
- Watch the little crabs on the beach. There are all sorts of small and large crabs that can be found on the beach, see how many you can find and identify.
- Collect/identify shells. Collect shells and make something fun with them: A candle, art, paint them, etc..
- Take pictures and videos. Take pictures and videos of the things you see and do. Use them to create a scrapbook, to help identify the things you saw, or to remember the great time you had!
What are some of the fun and interesting things you like to do when you visit the beach? Leave your suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for stopping by!
Connect with Funschooling and Recreational Learning!
Note: If this, or any other post on Funschooling and Recreational Learning, has inspired you in a positive way, or you have featured it in a blog post, please comment and link back to where it can be found! Thank you!