Getting outdoors to play while the weather is nice is great for everyone!
To play tic-tac-tac you will need a game board. This can be made from any of the following suggestions, or something of your own choosing.
· A PVC pipe and four 4-way connectors the same width as the PVC pipe. To cut the PVC pipe, you will need a PVC pipe cutter, or a hack saw
· Pool Noodles
· Thick rope cut to the desired length of the tic-tac-toe board
· 9 Hula hoops
· Wooden pieces cut to length
· Painters Tape
· Spray Paint
A quick word about playing pieces. You do not have to use a traditional X and O, use whatever shape or letter you like. You will need 5 for each player.
· People: If the board is made large enough, people can be used as playing pieces. Each player can choose 5 players for each team. Give players a colored ribbon to indicate what side they are playing on.
· Rope: Duct tape can be used to keep whatever shape desired together.
· Bean Bags or Socks: Outdoor bean bags or socks can be made or purchased. Toss or place them on the board.
· Frisbees: Use different colors or paint a shape or symbol on them.
· Large Rocks: Paint them before you play.
· Colored Water Balloons: Colored balloons can be purchased and used to play. Filling them with less water will make them less fragile. Store balloons in a bucket. Players can place rather than toss…unless tossing causes the player to lose the space if it breaks as part of the challenge/rules.
· Strong Paper Plates
· Wood: Simple wood blocks can be made and painted or written on.
· Cardboard: Cut into squares, or circles, or to shape, and painted.
· Sea Shells: Use large shells.
· Water Bottles: Fill water bottles with colored water or spread paint inside.
· Use Whatever Works For You!
How can the board be used for other games?
· Last one standing: Place one playing piece in each space, each player will take one or two pieces off the board on their turn. The player that needs to take the last piece loses the game.
· Red, White, & Blue: Make 9 pieces: 3 red, 3 white, and 3 blue, and get them in that order for the win. The first person to make a set match wins.
· Go Together Shapes: Use triangles, circles, X’s, Squares, ect. Players can decide what goes together to make a match. For example:
· Number Match 3 In A Row: The first player to get to a number, decided on by the players before the game begins, wins.
· Color Mix and Match: To get 3 in a row, you will need to know how to mix colors:
Black + White = Grey
Blue + Yellow = Green
Yellow + Red = Orange
Red + White = Pink
Blue + Red = Purple
· Make up something on your own.
Connect with FranW.com!
You must be logged in to post a comment.