|Santa Claus, illustrated by Thomas Nast 1|
Father Christmas, Pere Noel, Befana, Kris Kringle, Hoteisho, Sinterklas, and Saint Nicholas are just a few of the many names Santa Claus is known by around the world!
Activity: Heart-faced Santa
- Cut all the pieces needed to make Santa’s face (triangle hat, oval trim, heart-shaped face, circles for the cheeks, mustache, and a beard)
- Print, cut, and trace this template, or
- If you like the Santa in the picture above, use the template below.
|Heart-faced Santa by Fran W.|
Print the patterns out on card stock paper, cut them out, trace the shapes onto construction paper and cut them out. Then, using the picture as a guide, glue all of the pieces together.
- Turn the heart upside down so that the point is facing up and the “bumps” of the heart are closest to you.
- Glue the trim to the hat, then glue the hat to the point of the heart.
- To make the mouth, glue a piece of pink or red paper to the back of the mouth before gluing the mustache and beard to Santa’s face.
- Glue circles to the outer edge of the heart above the mustache for the cheeks.
- Glue on a medium sized pom-pom for the nose.
- Glue the eyes below the trim of the hat.
- Pull cotton balls apart and glue them to the hat trim, mustache and beard of your Santa. You will want to completely cover these areas with cotton.
- Glue a whole cotton ball, a large white pom-pom or a large jingle bell to the top of Santa’s hat.
- When everything is dry, hang or tape Santa to the wall.
Select picture, right click on your mouse, save to file and print it.
Categories: Family Activities