|3-D Halloween Scene by Fran W.|
A 3-D scene, or a diorama, is a creative way to express an idea, thought, experience, or tell a story. They can be made very simply or very complicated and detailed. They can also be interactive, stationary, or somewhere in between! It’s all up to you.
This may include: A shoe box, a recycled box, a 1 gallon milk/water jug, milk/juice carton, cereal box, a jar, an old foam pumpkin, etc.
What will your scene be about?
- Paint the background: Is it day or night? Where does the scene take place? Park, woods, a graveyard, a pumpkin patch, etc.
- Paint or cover the bottom: Leaves, grass, dirt, sand, gravel, gravestones, pumpkins, etc.
- Make your own figures: Use chenille stems, toothpicks, wire, etc.
- Use Halloween themed stickers, clipart, or pictures from a magazine/flyer.
- Use string or thread to hang things down from the top.
- Make pumpkins out of pom-poms.
- Make gravestones from recycled cereal/cracker boxes.
Click on either of these links. One will take you to the website, ‘Storm The Castle’ and the other to the project.
Enchanted Learning: Dioramas
There are a few examples of dioramas on this page.