When the temperature drops, and it gets toooo cold to play outside for long, here are some fun things you can do inside!
Below, you will find drawing activities, brain games, dice games, science experiments, paper folding projects, and other fun things that can be found on FranW.com.
1. Learn about Fractals – There’s a good chance that you’ll find frost on a window or a snowflake or two to look at for this activity! After you observe them, draw/make a few of your own.
2. Make your own Geometrical Designs – Draw a variety of shapes, add some lines, and grab your coloring supplies for this fun activity!
3. Try Zentangles! – If you enjoy drawing while you’re chilling out, you may find this activity de-stressing.
4. Observe Spirals – Spirals are fun to draw and there are a few different types. Find out more by visiting this page…but before you do, make a list of something of the things you can think of that are naturally shaped as a spiral…fruits, animals, plants….
5. Ten Fun Projects You Can Do With Symmetry – Make one half of a picture and give it to someone to finish off in the same way! Draw it, use building toys, Tangram pieces, or something else.
6. Play with Circles – Grab your craft supplies and find out how many cool things you can make from a simple circle.
7. Tangrams – Can you believe that over 5900 puzzles can be made with the 7 shapes offered in this puzzle-game! How many can you make? Find out with the resources on this page. Turn those puzzle pieces into a work of art too.
8. Make Folded Hand Puppet – Create a few puppets, decorate them, and make a puppet show with them.
9. Paper Airplanes – Learn how to fold some simple planes and cool stunt planes, check out the plane that won a world record, and get helpful flying tips.
10. Rainbow Code – Grab a friend and play a game where colors reveal the code.
11. Yatch – Dice Game – There are so many cool dice games out there and this is definitely one of them. Play with a friend, on your own, or on line.
12. Make your own: Bottle Cap Stamps – Take a minute to raid the recycling bin and take all the bottle caps you can find, big and small, then put on foam sticker on it and get ready to have some fun. Stamp a story or play the brain game offered in this post.
13. Holiday and Winter Origami – Fold a sled, snowman, pine tree, penguin, or a snowflake and make a wintery scene with them.
14. Magic Square Puzzles – In the mood for a brain teaser? Try the Magic Square puzzles in this post, then make some of your own to share.
15. Roman Numerals – Spend some time learning how to add, subtract, and multiply in a fun new way.
16. Hangman/House – Use a whiteboard and colored whiteboard markers to play this old favorite…with a fun twist of course.
17. Solitaire Challenge #1 Peg Solitaire – Whether you decide make your own game board or print one out, have fun trying to finish this puzzling game with one last piece in the middle.
18. Make Your Own What’s Missing Picture – You can use stamps, stickers, or draw something out to play this tricky observation game.
19. Petals Around The Rose – Play this brain game on line or with a set of dice. If you figure out the pattern, don’t tell anyone, give them a set of dice and let them figure it out for themselves.
20. Snowflake Activities & Resources – Learn about snowflakes in fun new ways, make some of your own, and look at some cool photographs of these elusive little wonders!
21. Mini Marble Run – This mini marble run is great for older kids who want to do something different. How long can you keep your BB from getting to the end of the run?
22. Make Your Own Tic-Tac-Toe Game Board – Did you know that Tic-Tac-Toe is a strategy game? Grab your craft supplies and make your own board to play on with a friend over and over again.
23. Inspiring People Cardstacker – Make sure you have a few decks of cards ready to use after watching what this man can do! Amazing!
24. Bubblegum – Find out who invented bubblegum then how big of a bubble can you make with the activity offered in this post. There’s an experiment you can do with chewing gum as well.
25. Shadow Puppets – Create your shadow puppets during the day and tell your story while you show them off at night. Perhaps a story about cold wintery night!
Connect with FranW.com!
You must be logged in to post a comment.