This is meant to be an open-ended activity. No recipe is given, but suggestions and tips are offered. It is strongly recommended that you record what you do in some way:
Video, writing, drawing, etc..
Tweak your recipe as needed, and when you come up with something you like, write it down in a homemade recipe book or on an index cards.
You will need: A packet or two of instant oatmeal
· Quick oats may also be used for this activity, but a little more liquid may be needed for a recipe to work.
· The average oatmeal packet requires between 1/2 to 2/3c of water to make oatmeal. Try using about the same amount of liquid (eggs, milk, water, cream, etc.) when making your recipe.
· Think about how you will cook your creation before you begin: Bake, frying, a fun new flavored oatmeal
· Consider making a dough or batter.
· Use small pans for oven baked goods.
Ingredients to try:
Honey Maple Sugar Brown Sugar Cinnamon Nutmeg
Flour Raisins Eggs Banana Baking Powder Baking Soda
Chocolate Chips Salt Vanilla Sugar Butter Nuts Fruit
Milk Peanut Butter (any type) Pumpkin Yogurt Coconut
Dried Apples/fruit Beef/Meat Vegetables Cheese Chocolate
Nutritional Yeast Jelly/Jam Something of your own choice
What to make:
Small Muffins Mini Pancakes Cookie Bread Granola Raisin
Oatmeal Cookie Burger Crepe Dog Biscuit Pizza A Fun New Oatmeal flavor
Connect with FranW.com!