|Holiday Origami by Fran W|
We started having fun folding paper when my oldest child was about 6 years old and we’ve been finding ways to incorporate it into our lives ever since. One year we added origami presents and cranes to a Christmas tree, another we offered a bunch of holiday related folding projects for a craft program to those who wanted something different to do.
Here are some of the other ways we have used the paper folding projects…
- In a diorama.
- To make a holiday scene.
- Hang them on the tree.
- Decorate a present.
- Decorate the house.
*Please use caution when downloading off the Internet.
I hope you find the following paper folding projects as enjoyable as we do. Unless otherwise noted, all the projects below offer illustrated instructions. Videos are also offered below.
Turn a origami balloon into a present by stamping or coloring the paper before folding, and adding a ribbon around it after it has been blown up.
There are a variety of Christmas trees available to choose from.
Choose to view instructions as a diagram or as an animation.
Weaved Place Mat
Not origami, but it is a paper craft.
Use crayons or markers to color flag as desired.
1. Santa Claus 8:20
2. Braided Star (Maria Sinayskaya) 10:59
3. How to Make a Paper Star 3:57
4. Origami Christmas Lights 17:14
5. Origami Christmas Santa Boot Videos 3:53
Wreath and Candy Cane 9:26
7. Advent Wreath with Candle
8. Christmas Candle Stick 6:13
9. How to Make a Paper Crane 8:47
10.How To Make A Paper Santa Hat 4:23
11. How To Make a Paper Christmas Tree 3:04
12. How to fold Santa in his Sleigh 4:45
13. How to make an Origami Reindeer 7:14
14. How to Make an Easy Origami Star Box 4:30
15. Origami Box 7:21
16. Origami Chalice/Goblet/Cup HD (Intermediate Tutorial)
17. Origami Dreidel 9:29
19. Corn Origami 1:58
20. Origami Winter Tree Tutorial (Tim Rickman) 10:01
Categories: Family Activities