This open-ended activity is meant to spark the imagination and get creative ideas flowing.
Allow stories and activities to come together naturally and take on a life of their own.
Get creative with the words:
Ice Skates & Snow Ball Fight
What can be done with the words?
These words can be used alone, or mixed and matched in any way to inspire stories and memories. Once an idea has formed, it can be expressed in the form of a poem, diorama, dance, game, activity, song, musical composition, skit, a dramatic expression, sculpture, a structure of some kind, or something else of the person’s choosing.
Tips & Suggestions
Creativity is the main goal for this activity – there aren’t any limits.
- Use a thesaurus to find different ways to use the words. Use related words too.
- Anything can be written, but don’t forget that pictures and actions can tell a story too.
- A story can be recorded with an audio/video device.
- A great way to combine multiple recording methods is to narrate an illustrated story, and capture it all on an audio/video device so it can be enjoyed again later.
- Play this activity inside or out.
If you need some inspiration, consider the following ideas:
- Come up with game or activity that requires a snowball or ice skates. Explain/act out how the game is played. If you do not have snow, make a snowball from a household item. If you do not have ice skates, what can you pretend or use instead?
- Create a comedy routine that includes ice skates or a snowball. Record your antics to enjoy later on.
- Draw on a personal experience for these words. Something you saw, felt, touched, heard, did, etc..
Be creative and have fun.
Something Fun To Do Index
Fun Pages Index