2 tsp cream of tartar
1 package of flavored drink mix (w/o sweeter)
Ex: Strawberry, fruit punch, grape, cherry, lemon, lime, etc.
Food coloring – Use as many drops as needed to get the color you want.
Put all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir mixture constantly until all the lumps have been removed and the dough forms a ball (3-4 min). Allow dough to cool a little, then knead on a floured surface until smooth.
- Food coloring or scent can be added to the pot to make one color/scent.
- To make more than one scent/color, add nothing to the pot while making the dough, then break it up and add food coloring/scent a little at a time while kneading.
- Instead of unsweetened flavor packets, use cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, essential oils or food extracts as scents.
- Mix colors to get a new color.
- Form dough into shapes and allow them to dry. Drying may take a few days depending on the weather and thickness of your creations.
- Store leftover dough in an airtight containers for a week or refrigerate in airtight container to make it last longer.
Note: This dough is not edible.
Categories: Family Activities